The specie account effectively covers the transit and premises risk of any goods of a valuable nature. Munich Re Syndicate Limited insures the loss of the physical interest itself, while in transit and in either temporary or permanent storage. This can be extended to cover damage to fixtures and fittings following an insured event. The main risks covered include loss caused by natural perils (fire, flood, windstorm, earthquake, and so on), together with theft or physical damage to the insured items.
- Cash and all other associated monetary risks, such as traveller’s cheques, currency, promissory notes, and tax and other vouchers of a negotiable nature
- Other documents of high value, such as share certificates, bonds and associated financial instruments
- All forms of diamonds and precious stones, including manufactured jewellery, watches, and so on
- Precious and semi-precious metals in various stages of processing
- All aspects of the fine art industry, both private and commercial
In addition to these main perils, we can also offer additional coverage tailored to individual businesses, which includes losses to goods during processing, and cover against counterfeit, mysterious disappearance and defective title. With the exception of war on land or static terrorism risks, we can provide cover for the associated risks of war, strikes and terrorism while in transit.
- +44 (0)20 7886 3938