Munich Re at SIRC2022
Munich Re is proud to be supporting the 18th Singapore International Reinsurance Conference
We live in a world where macroeconomic turbulence is challenging insurance markets - extreme inflation, rising interest rates and asset slumps currently pose challenges for the entire insurance industry alongside burdens from the war in Ukraine.
In some reinsurance segments, capacity shortages are emerging in the short term. Yet at the same time, demand is on the rise; the bottom line being that the global property-casualty reinsurance market will grow at least as strongly as the primary insurance market until 2024.
Solutions for a Sustainable Future
Weather-related natural catastrophes such as heatwaves, droughts, wildfires or floods in many parts of the world have recently made it apparent that climate change is humankind’s greatest challenge in the long term.
Given the losses incurred, it is necessary to develop a deeper understanding of these events now in order to be able to take better precautions. Insurers also have to gear their risk management to this reality, with Solutions for a Sustainable Future.
Highlights at SIRC 2022:
1 Nov, 10am - 11:30am: Global Inflation: Implications for the (Re)insurance Industry
- Dr Michael Menhart, global chief economist, Munich Re
- Mr Matthew Rose, MD & head of Life and Capital, Guy Carpenter
- Ms Rachel Turk, group head of strategy, Beazley;
- Mr John Zhu, chief economist Asia, Swiss Re Institute
Moderator: Dr Kai-Uwe Schanz, deputy MD and head of Research & Foresight, The Geneva Association
2 Nov, 2:30pm -4pm: The Future of Work – Leading the Multi-Generational Workforce
- Andreas Thiele, Executive Chairman and Partner, Eliot Partnership
- Maureen de Rooij, previously APAC CEO ABN AMRO Bank
- Meng Meng, Head of Life Underwriting Risk Management Asia Pacific, SCOR
- Donna Zhang, Regional Head of Claims, P&C, Asia, Munich Re
- Xu Yanbin, PHD student currently at NTU
3 Nov, 10am - 11:30am: Achieving Sustainable Food Security in Asia amid Climate Threats
- Mr Alok Shukla, Regional Head of Agriculture, Munich Re
- Dr Ganesh Gohain, Treaty Underwriter Agriculture, SCOR India Branch
- Mr Jay Bae, Senior Underwriter Agriculture, Swiss Re
Moderator: Mr Reto Schneider, Global Head of Agriculture, Allianz Re
You can register for the event here
This may interest you