How long do we keep personal your information for?
We will keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in the “Our processing of your personal information” section and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We have a detailed retention policy in place which governs how long we will hold different types of information for. The exact time period will depend on your relationship with us and the type of personal information we hold, for example:
- If you take out a policy with us but do not make a claim, we will keep your personal information for seven years from the expiry of your policy, unless it is an Employers’ Liability policy, which we will keep for 60 years.
- If you make a claim under a policy we provide, we will keep your personal information for seven years from the date on which the claim is settled, unless it is a claim under an Employers’ Liability policy, which we will keep for 60 years.
- If you are a broker with whom we have a relationship, we will retain your details for the lifetime of such relationship and for seven years after.
- If you are an inspection services customer, we will keep your personal information for the purposes of producing inspection reports for up to 40 years from the date of the original report.
- If you are a job applicant and are unsuccessful, we will keep your personal information for one year from the application date. For successful job applicants we will keep your personal data from your application until the end of your employment.
If you would like further information regarding the periods for which your personal information will be stored, please contact us using the details set out in the “Contacting Us” section.