New approaches to growing perils
Future forward wildfire protection
A partner delivering expertise and innovation
Munich Re US experts have closely studied wildfires for well over a decade and have invested in new ways to help insurers better manage wildfire risk exposure. Focused wildfire research has led to more up-to-date analyses of factors contributing to frequent, intense wildfires aiding in the development of:
- updated tools for assessing wildfire hazard areas
- best practices underwriting guidelines
- new and improved risk control capabilities
Our goal: Help insurers better manage their portfolios in light of these evolving threats, by leveraging subject matter expertise and global business experience.
Over 4.5 million homes in the US were identified at extreme risk of wildfire in 2019.1
Wildfire risk management support
- Guidance on risk scoring tools, risk inspections, underwriting approaches
- Enhanced visualization of high hazard area risk accumulations
- Guidance in managing risk appetite
- Quick response to changing risk and market conditions
The material presented here is for your internal use only and may not be further distributed without the express written permission of Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. (“Munich Re US”). No representation or warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, is provided with respect to the accuracy, completeness, or applicability of this material to any recipient’s circumstances. Munich Re disclaims any and all liability whatsoever resulting from use of or reliance upon this material.