Munich Re's internet based risk assessor.
MIRA supports an approach to underwriting where risk is assessed by evidence based ratings and current medical prognosis. It is continuously developed and being enhanced with improvements to the functionality to support you in the underwriting process.
Underwriters can use MIRA to:
- access Munich Re UK's entire underwriting philosophy for life critical illness and disability products
- utilise functionality which allows for personalisation to customise to your needs and level of experience, including a personal and shared notes facility
- obtain information easily and quickly including access to evidence based risk profiles
- access expert advice when processing complex cases
- produce rating recommendations quickly and efficiently that can be summarised and saved for referral (using our 'Risk Synopsis' tool)
Evidence based ratings
The Munich Re Group's Centre of Competence teams continuously revise and update MIRA. The team of medical officers, underwriters and actuaries develop risk based ratings that take into account the latest scientific, medical and clinical findings and analyse their significance from a risk management perspective for use by underwriters.
Our ongoing monitoring includes the experience and findings from our local life underwriting units from around the world. This enables a deep understanding of substandard risks and ensures a quick response to market developments affecting underwriting and claims management.
We encourage claims assessors to be flexible and innovative in their approach to claims and to take a common sense approach when assessing claims. MIRA claims helps you to look for claims solutions that result in a "win/win" for all parties.
Claims Assessors can:
- access Munich Re UK's entire life, critical illness and disability claims philosophy, practice and processes
- access essential tools for claims assessors of all levels of experience
- receive ‘What's New' items which will keep you up to date with the latest issues affecting claims assessment
- understand the interaction between medical, occupational, financial and legal issues