After becoming one of the first companies in the UK to transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001, together with our consecutive RoSPA Gold Awards accolades over the years, we're ideally placed to assist our customers with their health and safety requirements.
Our five health and safety modules focus on safety management systems and inspections under the PUWER Regulations, with additional solutions available for workplace noise and lighting.
The service is to carry out a review of work equipment safety compliance against the requirements of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) at client sites.
The service will enable a detailed report to be issued to the client that I dentifies shortfalls and potential improvements of machine requirments as detailed in the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Ensure compliance with PUWER 1998
- Ensure the safety of work equipment operators
- Reduction is risk of injury and damage
- Reduction in production downtime
The service will include a full review of a clients health and safety management system for compliance against relevant legal requirements and best practice to ensure all legal obligations are understood and met, and to ensure both the employer and employees are aware of their legal duties.
- Ensure compliance to relevant legal and other requirements
- Raise awareness and understanding of an effective health and safety management system
- Reduction of potential incidents due to non compliance
- Reduction of costs associated with non compliance
The service is to review the current health and safety management system arrangements for a client and to assist in either the transition from OHSAS18001 to ISO45001, or to assist in the development of systems and procedures to enable an organisation to seek accreditation to ISO45001:2018.
- Understanding of ISO 45001 requirements
- Clarity on requirements of the standards
- Undrstanding differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
- Achive accreditation to ISO 45001
The service is to carry out workplace noise assessments at client sites to assist in ensuring compliance with the Noise at Work Regulations 2005 and provide a detailed report on the measurements taken.
The report will document the levels recorded and safe exposure levels of measured activities giving the client a comprehensive report of not only the findings but also map potential solutions and hearing protection requirments.
There is also further scope to assist the client in ballancing the employees work tasks to minimise exposure to noise by implementing a Noise exposure plan (at a additional cost).
- Ensure compliance with The Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Awareness and understanding of legal action levels for workplace noise
- Identification of noise levels generated in the workplace and where action levels are reached or exceeded
- Provision of advice to reduce exposure to workplace noise including PPE options
- Reduce potential incidents and costs associated with exposure to excessive workplace noise
The service is to carry out workplace lighting assessments at client sites to assist in ensuring compliance with the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, specifically regulation 8. The service compremises of a on site assessment of areas of work where the LUX levels are measured and put through anyalitics software. the report will allow the client to understand where shortfalls are present and where improvements need to be made to maintain satisfactory ligting levels in line with the regulation.
- Assessment of compliance with the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 for workplace lighting
- Ensure suitable lighting is provided this quantifiable evidence
- Reduction in potential incidents related to ineffective lighting
- Reduction of potential incident costs as a result of ineffective lighting
Why choose HSB?
- We are a leading specialist provider of engineering and technology inspection and insurance services in the UK and Ireland
- Proactive inspection service carried out by a network of competent, technically-experienced Engineer Surveyors located throughout the UK and Ireland
- Inspection services accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service)
- We provide a single point of contact for our customers’ convenience, enabling us to be responsive to our customers’ needs [TBC]
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- We are a member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism