Ever increasing global demand for energy, combined with international commitments to reduce CO2 emissions, has seen exponential growth in renewable energy technologies. These technologies present many unique risk considerations. Not only do they vary enormously in scale, but the technologies involved are developing rapidly and growing in complexity. Often found in very remote locations, they are usually more exposed to natural catastrophe than standard power risks.
As a leading, specialist provider of insurance for onshore renewable technologies, our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing risk solutions to meet the varied and specialised needs of those investing in renewable technology; whether large or small.
We offer a range of products and services covering:
- wind turbines
- solar and photovoltaic installations
- biomass and anaerobic digestion plants
Our policies cover damage, including breakdown and business interruption, during the construction/installation and operational phases of a project.
Why buy HSB Renewable Energy Insurance?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with the renewable energy customer in mind:
- Equipment breakdown cover provided as standard
- Loss of revenue covers available on all policies
- A broad definition of property wording including substations, transformers, civil works, and rented
- buildings and their contents
- Extensive underwriting expertise in renewable energy technologies
- Cover available across the UK
- Access to experienced renewable energy risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the renewable energy industry
- Inspection services, to comply with regulatory obligations, are available in the UK via our network of technically-expert Engineer Surveyors
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- Proactive inspection service carried out by a network of competent, technically-experienced Engineer Surveyors located throughout the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of Hartford Steam Boiler, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
Guides to loss prevention: Renewable Energy
Using our extensive knowledge and experience of engineering and technology risks, built on a heritage of over 150 years, we have developed a series of 'risk guidance documents' which offer both practical advice and guidance based on industry best practices. These include titles such as:
- Renewable energy facilities - Adverse weather risks
- Fires in waste to energy power generation plants
- Anaerobic digestion: plant operation risk management