HSB Operational Energy Risks Insurance
An all risks solution covering gas and diesel engine generator sets
Gas and diesel engine generator sets (gensets) can be used in a number of different settings and applications. They are an important source of supply to the national grid short term operating reserves (STOR); used to supply short term additional electricity to the grid to manage any surge in demand or fall in supply. Gensets are also often used as a source of heat and power in combined heat and power (CHP) units in applications such as district heating systems.
Gas engines are also used in a renewable energy capacity to convert landfill gas to energy.
HSB has developed an operational energy insurance solution to cover operational engine power generation technology risks.
Why buy HSB Operational Energy Risks Insurance?
Our policy covers damage, breakdown and business interruption in respect of gas and diesel engine gensets as part of CHP units (including for STOR and peaking plant application) and gas engines generating power from landfill gas:
- All risks cover, including equipment breakdown and damage cover, provided as standard
- Loss of income cover also available
- Extensive underwriting expertise in operational energy risks
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced energy risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of operational energy gensets
Why choose HSB?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in writing energy technology risks, and are recognised as experts in this field. Drawing on our considerable engineering expertise, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the needs of our customers.
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- Proactive inspection service carried out by a network of competent, technically-experienced Engineer Surveyors located throughout the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of Hartford Steam Boiler, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism