HSB Contractors' Plant Insurance
Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
Focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project
We can provide comprehensive cover for owned and hired-in contractors’ plant.
- Cover is available on a specified or blanket basis for owned plant
- Owned plant insurance on a reinstatement (new for old) basis up to 24 months old
- Legal liability cover for hired-in plant under the terms of the hire agreement
- Cover for plant whilst hired out
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise of construction projects
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- An established, responsive E-Trade Team for underwriting referrals, general e-trade support and enquiries
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
A gardening company's chipper, which was stored at a farm, was stolen just a month after it had been purchased on finance. Settlement was issued to the finance company for the amount outstanding, and the remainder to the gardening company.
A construction company's hired-in surveying manual total station blew over in the wind, sustaining damage to both the handle and control panel.
A construction company’s hired-in digger, secured with a sensor alarm, CCTV and Heras fencing, was stolen by thieves.
Trading made simple
Our construction e-trade product has been developed to be traded entirely online; making it quick and easy to quote and bind cover, process mid-term adjustments and obtain renewal terms. Access via HSB Fast Track; our online broker trading platform, or Acturis:
HSB Fast Track
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
HSB: UK construction trends
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- Winner of the Insurance Times Awards 2021 'Excellence in e-Trading - Insurer' Bronze Award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism