E-Trade: HSB Contractors' Plant Insurance
Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
Quote and bind cover, process mid-term adjustments and obtain renewal terms; all online.
Focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project, we can provide comprehensive cover for owned and hired-in contractors’ plant.
- Cover is available on a specified or blanket basis for owned plant
- Owned plant insurance on a reinstatement (new for old) basis up to 24 months old
- Legal liability cover for hired-in plant under the terms of the hire agreement
- Cover for plant whilst hired out
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field. Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project:
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise of construction projects
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- An established, responsive E-Trade Team for underwriting referrals, general e-trade support and enquiries
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
HSB Construction Insurance in action
A gardening company's chipper, which was stored at a farm, was stolen just a month after it had been purchased on finance. Settlement was issued to the finance company for the amount outstanding, and the remainder to the gardening company.
A construction company's hired-in surveying manual total station blew over in the wind, sustaining damage to both the handle and control panel.
A construction company's hired-in digger, secured with a sensor alarm, CCTV and Heras fencing, was stolen by thieves.
Construction Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Available for periods of up to 12 years, our product provides comprehensive cover for the mechanical and electrical services installed in new buildings undergoing construction, 'shell and core' building refurbishments, and completed buildings less than two years old.
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- Winner of the Insurance Times Awards 2021 'Excellence in e-Trading - Insurer' Bronze Award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism