HSB Contractors' Plant Insurance
Focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project, we can provide comprehensive cover for owned and hired-in contractors’ plant.
our construction e-trade products have been developed to be traded entirely online; making the full quote and bind process as quick and easy as possible.
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field.
Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project:
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Europe. We can also consider underwriting risks in other global territories
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Guidance on temporary closure of construction sites
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- Proactive inspection service carried out by a network of competent, technically-experienced Engineer Surveyors located throughout the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
Guides to loss prevention: Construction
Using our extensive knowledge and experience of engineering and technology risks, built on a heritage of over 150 years, we have developed a series of 'risk guidance documents' which offer both practical advice and guidance based on industry best practices. These include titles such as:
- Safeguarding contractors' small tools and equipment
- Mobile cranes overturning on construction sites
- Safeguarding construction plant and equipment