HSB Contractors' Plant Insurance
Focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project, we can provide comprehensive cover for owned and hired-in contractors’ plant.
- Cover is available on a specified or blanket basis for owned plant
- Owned plant insurance on a reinstatement (new for old) basis up to 24 months old
- Legal liability cover for hired-in plant under the terms of the hire agreement
- Cover for plant whilst hired out
How to trade
Our construction e-trade products have been developed to be traded entirely online; making it quick and easy to quote and bind cover, process mid-term adjustments and obtain renewal terms.
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field.
Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project:
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
Guides to loss prevention: Construction
Our series of 'risk guidance documents' offer both practical advice and guidance based on industry best practices. These include titles such as:
- Construction site fire safety plan - guidance for site managers
- Tower crane collapse events - risk management
- Safeguarding construction plant and equipment
- Fire caused by hot works