From the construction of buildings and the installation of machinery, through to contractors’ plant and specialist machinery inherent defects insurance, we have a range of expertly-crafted insurance products specifically designed to cover all aspects of a construction project.
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
At HSB, we understand the challenges when undertaking construction works, and the wide variety of risks and insurable interest; whether created by the very nature of the work, the location or due to contractual requirements.
We provide a number of leading insurance companies and MGAs with innovative, all-encompassing construction insurance solutions. Our combination of technical knowledge and quality, along with our reputation for reliability, make us easy to work with.
Elements of Cover
Complementary Product: Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project:
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise of construction projects
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Europe (we can also consider underwriting risks in other global territories)
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Guidance on temporary closure of construction sites
Why choose HSB?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field.
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- Proactive inspection service carried out by a network of competent, technically-experienced Engineer Surveyors located throughout the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
Guides to loss prevention: Construction