HSB Computer Insurance
Comprehensive cover for commercial computer hardware, data losses, increased costs, and virus, hacking and denial of service
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
During 2020, the working landscape changed significantly, where working from home became the new norm for millions of employees. As businesses look to the future, many are focusing on adopting new agile working practices.
But with less time now spent working in designated offices and premises, what should businesses be thinking about in terms of managing their computer equipment risks? Whilst there is often the option to insure computer equipment under a combined commercial or property policy, these may not fully cover all computer risks.
HSB Computer Insurance is a commercial product specifically designed to offer comprehensive cover for computer-related risks. Our policy is split into four sections, providing customers with the flexibility to choose the level of cover they need:
- Section 1 – Hardware
- Section 2 – Reinstatement of data
- Section 3 – Increased cost of working
- Section 4 – Virus, hacking and denial of service attack
'Section 1 – Hardware' is the core cover, which provides insurance for installed and portable computer equipment. Sections 2-4 are optional covers that can be selected in addition to Hardware to enhance the level of cover.
'Section 1 – Hardware' is the core cover, which provides insurance for installed and portable computer equipment. Sections 2-4 are optional covers that can be selected in addition to 'Hardware' to enhance the level of cover.
In addition, 'Section 4 - Virus, hacking and denial of service attack' cover also automatically extends to cover Section 2 and Section 3; if these additional covers have been purchased by the customer.
Key features of HSB Computer Insurance
- Electronic office equipment can be automatically included under 'Section 1 - Hardware'. For example, photocopiers; video, audio conferencing and projection equipment; and associated software and programs.
- Extra hardware is automatically covered up to maximum £500,000, during the annual period of insurance, should the insured accidently forget to inform us.
- Following an incident, cover will pay to remove viruses and will help clients to get specialist advice to prevent future viruses or hacking.
- Full theft cover – no forcible and violent entry/exit condition.
- Low policy excesses (£150) and nil for damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, aircraft and theft. Only £50 excess for mobile telephones and smartphones.
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- UK-based arm of Hartford Steam Boiler, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism