Inspection visits to client locations
At HSB, the safety and well-being of our clients and Inspectors are paramount. We are committed to partnering with clients in ways that are mutually safe and reflect the needs of individual locations. Our inspectors will follow safety guidelines and public health requirements in each respective province and region while continuing to provide a high level of service.
Appointments are made with all clients prior to a site visit unless otherwise stated. To ensure safe practices, inspectors will ask the following questions relating to the site when booking a visit:
- Has anyone been exposed to COVID-19?
- Has anyone recently shown symptoms similar to that of COVID-19?
- Has anyone had close contact with anyone exposed to or recently showing symptoms similar to COVID-19?
- Has anyone travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days or had close contact with anyone who has travelled outside the country in the past 14 days?
Should a client answer ‘yes’ to one or more of the above questions, the inspection will be rescheduled for a later date. Client locations that experience a change in circumstances related to the above are asked to notify the inspector as soon as possible prior to the planned visit, to determine if there is a need to reschedule the inspection.
Do Not Disturb Locations
Due to the current situation, our Inspectors will not perform inspections in the following occupancies:
- Long Term Care, Retirement, Nursing and Convalescent Homes
- Hospitals / Laboratories
Exceptions to the above are handled on a case-by-case basis and communicated to inspection staff as required.
Inspector Safety Protocols
HSB inspectors will wear masks during a site visit, and are equipped with alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. Inspectors will also adhere to the following protocols:
- Wear a mask during indoor inspections, and outside when accompanied by a location representative,
- Practice social distancing of two meters between persons whenever possible,
- No handshaking,
- Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer,
- Sneeze or cough into the bend of their arm, or a tissue promptly disposed of after, followed by hand washing,
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth,
- Stay home if they are sick.
In addition to the above, our Inspectors self-isolate for 14 days if they:
- Have travelled outside of Canada,
- Are in close contact with someone that has travelled outside of Canada,
- Have come into contact with someone who has contracted Covid-19.
The situation is fluid and these guidelines will continue to be modified to align with provincial, regional and public health authorities. Please contact us regarding any questions or additional requirements you may have. Thank you for your cooperation and adaptability during this time to help keep everyone safe.