Home Systems Protection
What Home Systems Protection covers
Adding the Home Systems Protection enhancement to a homeowners insurance policy provides breakdown protection to equipment and devices throughout the home, such as:
- Home systems, including electrical generation and distribution, heating and cooling, air and water filtration, central vacuum, home security, swimming pool and sauna equipment.
- Appliances, including refrigerators and freezers, cooktops, ovens, dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers.
- Electronics, including computers, medical devices, televisions, sound systems, tablets, phones, and game consoles.
With HSP, agents can offer a true insurance product that is broader and less-expensive than service contracts or extended warranties. There is simply no other program available that protects your customers as well, with so much added value – particularly when paired with Service Line coverage.
MyHomeWorks™ features free home management tools
Home Systems Protection also includes free access to MyHomeWorks™, a suite of home management tools that includes:
- Insure My Property – Get explanations of common, covered home systems and equipment failures and examples of actual claims paid for repairs and replacements.
- My Tech Support – Access to live, technical expertise 365 days a year. Our IT professionals troubleshoot and resolve issues with your personal computers and electronic devices via phone and remote access.
- My Efficiency Center – Packed with ideas and information, this is a go-to resource for selecting, using and maintaining household systems.
- My Connected Life – Tips to protect home and mobile devices from cyber threats.
- My Home Tour – A fun, interactive way to find energy and money saving opportunities in every room of your house.
Together, Home Systems Protection and MyHomeWorks.com are designed to enhance and differentiate the Homeowners or Farmowner products offered by personal lines insurers that partner with HSB.