Employers want to reward and retain talent, and make sure their employees are taken care of. With HSB Identity Recovery for Employees, business owners can cover their employees with identity theft insurance and related services to help employees restore their name and credit to pre-theft status in the event their personal information is used fraudulently.
Risks are everywhere
Identity theft is a growing problem. Sophisticated identity thieves are constantly finding new ways to exploit technology used to store and send data. With the growth of mobile devices, as well as connected home devices, sensitive information is everywhere. Employers can help protect their employees with the identity restoration coverage and services they need. We have provided Identity Recovery insurance for almost a decade through our client insurance companies and through agents and brokers. HSB covers more than 7 million people against identity theft and fraud.
Extensive coverage and service
The financial impact of identity theft can be substantial. Identity Recovery for Employers pays for costs associated with restoring one’s identity, including:
- lost wages
- child and elder care
- cost of credit reports
- postage, shipping and fees
- legal fees involving civil or criminal complaints
- mental health counseling related to the identity theft (in most states)
Identity recovery services are unlimited for up to a year and include:
- a toll-free help line
- access to a professional identity restoration firm which will work with the victim through the entire process
- case management performed by licensed investigators
- the option to use a limited power of attorney to make the recovery process quicker and smoother
How to sell it
Agents and brokers can bundle the Identity Recovery Coverage for business owners with HSB Tech Advantage and Data Compromise coverages. Identity Recovery Coverage for Employees can be sold as a standalone policy when business owners want to purchase the coverage for all of the employees.