Introducing the GLWB Reinsurance Cost Index
See an all-in estimate for the type of protection that meets your needs
GLWB Reinsurance Cost Index – comparability and full cost control
Market Risk Only vs. Full Coverage
Choose the GLWB reinsurance protection that works for you – or anything in between!
Costs for Market Risk Only can be tracked on Bloomberg via the MRCIVWBM Index.
- Similar risk protection to a complete hedging program covering all relevant greeks.
- Transfers equity, interest rate, volatility, liquidity, correlation, and operational risks.
- Relieves ceding company of some risks that it otherwise retains with a hedge-based solution.
- Bespoke level of coverage achieved through structures designed to allow you to pay only for the risks you want to cover.
Costs for Full Coverage can be tracked on Bloomberg via the MRCIVWBF Index.
- Transfers all risks that are included in the Market Risk Only structure.
- Also transfers non-hedgeable risks including mortality, behavior, and basis risks.
- Post-claim longevity risk is retained by ceding company – reinsurance claim paid as lump sum.