Insurance pricing: where prediction meets business
Can external data sophisticate the pricing process?
Duration: 60 minutes
Pricing is based on data. More specifically, historical data tailored to a certain portfolio is used to project the costs an insurance company has to expect in the future. The technicalities behind this process are proven to be successful throughout decades and worldwide markets. In this online seminar, we look into the possibility to enrich proven methods based on historical portfolio data with additional external data. We look into several areas and discuss, if analytical work combined with external data is capable of sophisticating the traditional pricing process.
- Overview of potential external data
- Where can we find such data?
- Vehicle allocation: an application in motor insurance
- Risk Network Analytics: an application in property insurance
- Geographical smoothing
- Pricing department
- Data Science / Analytics department
English – Professional business English skills required
Deadline for registration
15 October 2020