Technologies and insurance
The world of engineering has always been distinguished by stunning innovation and rapid change. Engineering insurance is currently under pressure in many markets.
Developments such as digitalisation, cyber risks, new production/construction methods and the increasing size and complexity of projects bring new risks as well as new business opportunities. These developments are fast-moving and require increasing risk-expertise and partnership to keep pace with.
This seminar deals with a variety of risks, from infrastructure schemes and industrial plants to special coverage concepts for projects under construction or in operation. Construction methods and plant technology are examined from the insurer’s perspective. Participants benefit from Munich Re’s long-standing and global risk insights and resources.
- Briefing on technology background (construction, energy)
- Identification of risk exposure
- Determining insurance terms and conditions
- Risk evaluation
- Handling loss-of-profit covers
- A whole day is allocated exclusively to "energy" (oil and gas, power generation including gas turbines) and will also touch on the application of risk transfer solutions to promote a more sustainable energy production by use of renewable energy sources).
- A further complete day is allocated to "construction" including building information modelling (BIM). In this seminar the construction day will have a focus on dams and hydropower plants.
Participants will acquire practical as well as theoretical experience through active participation in workshops. In the course of each seminar there will be opportunity for individual, personal exchange with our Client Managers and our Engineering experts.