Advanced Business Interruption
Risk assessment and underwriting of complex BI risks
The business interruption risk environment has changed dramatically in recent years. Increased economic networking, vertical integration resulting in higher flows of goods, decreased stocks due to just-in-time strategies, and the trend towards ever larger production facilities have driven up demand for loss-of-profits insurance. This seminar offers participants – in dialogue with the presenters –opportunities to design business interruption coverage for a model plant based on a case study and to discuss recent developments, taking into account the growing demands of business interruption underwriting.
- Inspection and analysis of potential business interruption risks at a model plant
- Calculation of business interruption values (annual values, PML and sum insured)
- Preparation of a tailored coverage concept
- Overview of standard market business interruption covers
- Extension of business interruption coverage (i.e. suppliers’ and customers’ extensions, denial of access, public utilities, public authority)
- Business interruption exposure and cover trends
The seminar is aimed at experienced property underwriters.
English – Professional business English skills required
15 – 18 September 2020
Munich Re training centre, Munich, Germany
Deadline for registration
30 June 2020